Population, Households, and Median Income:
2010 Census Population: 2,847
1,116 Housing Units
Average Household Size: 2.73, Average Family Size: 3.23. Median Age: 29.5 years.
Median Income: $61,593 (Median Household Income in the past 12 months in 2010 inflation adjusted dollars)
Located 25 miles from the twin cities, Montrose is a progressive and growing community located along US TH 12. Montrose is located in Wright County, is within US Congressional District 6 and MN Legislative District 19B.
The Montrose EDA is willing to provide economic development incentives for qualifying projects including a local matching grant program for façade improvements, a low-interest loan program, and tax increment financing. The EDA is also willing to serve as a conduit to obtain state and federal grants and loans.
General Contact Information:
Economic Development Consultant: Joanne Foust
The City of Montrose offers a number of city parks and trails. In addition, the Woodland State Wildlife Management Area is located on the southeast side of the City, east of Highway 25.
The city has a number of civic organizations including Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Lions Club, 4-H, Montrose Royal Ambassadors, Mom’s Club, Montrose-Waverly Chamber of Commerce, Stone Soup & Food Shelf, Senior Citizens, VFW, and Churches.
Montrose Days is an annual celebration which will be held August 17-19, 2018
- Electrical: Excel Energy: 800-895-4999 and Wright Hennepin Electric: 800-895-4999
- Natural Gas: Excel Energy: 800-895-4999
- Water and Wastewater: City of Montrose: 763-575-7422
- Telephone Service: Windstream Communications provides local phone service, long distance services and Internet access. (763) 675-3018
- Cable & Internet Service: Comcast provides cable television, high-speed Internet and digital telephone services. (763) 675-3373
- Windstream Communications provides dial-up and DSL Internet access, in addition to digital television. (763) 675-3018
- Internet also available through HughesNet. (844-737-2700)
- Montrose Elementary School (Buffalo-Hanover-Montrose School District)
- Carpentry Contractors
- Craft Pattern & Mold
- Citizens State Bank
- Casey’s General Store